Get Ready for 2021
January 11, 2021
I shared over 200 posts on LinkedIn in 2020. I thought I would share a few thoughts from my most popular posts; posts that struck a chord, received lots of replies and sparked the interest from those who follow me on LinkedIn. I am just showing one key phrase I pulled from the post, but I think each one has a powerful message. I hope you will find them helpful as you begin your journey into 2021.
- Never ruin an apology with an excuse.
- Anger is not your friend. Always stay cool.
- When you're finished changing, you're finished.
- Anyone who takes the time to be KIND is special.
- Your top business strategy is a satisfied customer.
- Successful people do things others aren’t willing to do.
- Quit talking - Words mean little. What you do speaks volumes.
- PASSION is the difference between having a job or having a career.
- Success is NEVER owned, it is rented, and the rent is due EVERY DAY.
- If you hire the “Right People” you don’t need a lot of senseless rules.
- Many a career or relationship has been saved by words NOT SPOKEN.
- Great leaders plant seeds of knowledge, trust, faith, courage and wisdom.
- People who do “nothing more” will find that life has “nothing more” for them.
- What is good about a SMILE? Everything! Be the reason someone smiles today.
- Before you make a decision that will affect me, please… “Walk a Shift in My Shoes.”
- No matter how brilliant your business strategy is, unhappy employees can DESTROY IT!
- When someone does something wrong, that shouldn’t erase all the things they did right.
- Success is about being better tomorrow than you are today. It’s not miraculous, it’s methodical.
- The day you forget you are in business for the customer, is the day you start going out of business.
Remember, you can’t change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight. You can’t do the same things every day and improve. Great things never come to those who remain in their Comfort Zone. Thomas Jefferson wisely stated, “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” Albert Einstein put it in even simpler terms when he said, “If you want different results, do not do the same things.”
Every day is another glorious Roller Coaster ride. When you get on, you know there will be twists and turns, ups and downs, excitement and uneasiness, fear and fun and in an instant, you are going in another direction. Life is full of the same things … but it’s also a ride, so ENJOY IT and be happy you are still on it. Hopefully these tips will help to make it a GREAT RIDE.
"Your only true security in life
is your ability to perform."